DISCONTINUED AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The new EP4.4 is the baby brother to the larger EP2.4. Essentially, it is the EP2.4 with one instead of two 15" open baffle Carbon Fiber woofers. Efficiency is 2dB lower at 98dB versus the 100dB of its larger brother. In addition bass is flat to 26Hz versus the 20Hz of the EP2.4.
Cutting edge sonic performance establishes a new level of realism & dimensionality at anywhere near its Internet Direct cost of only $5,995.00 a pair.
The EP4.3 is now Steven Stone's, from the Absolute Sound, new Reference speakers. He said:
“Changed my (Reference) Genesis 6.1’s for the EP4.3’s which I have used in three different rooms. In every room, and each was quite different, it was easy to set-up and dial-in the speakers so that they imaged so well that they disappeared”
This new 4.4 is even better.
The upgraded EP4.3 is now called the EP4.4. The new Carbon Series EP4.4 is a state of the art 3-way speaker with 98Db efficiency.
If set up as single amp, full range network configuration, it is 95Db efficient. It can then be upgraded in the users home to either bi-amp or tri-amp operation. In addition to an extra 3Db of efficiency the new EP4.4 offers greater dynamics, improved midrange and bass transparency as well as resolution.
Our controlled dispersion design means that the speakers are not room dependent and work in all rooms.
The new custom designed Emerald Physics Carbon Fiber Series 15" woofer, new custom Cast basket 12" midrange and Polyester tweeter along with our improved crossovers provide increased speed, transparency and resolution. Bass smear is completely eliminated. Micro and macrodynamics are increased in the mids as is midrange smoothness and clarity compared to the 4.3. Compare the EP4.4 to speakers selling for anywhere near its cost and just smile at what you can buy for a reasonable amount of money at our internet Direct selling price.
In addition to the new Carbon Fiber woofer the EP4.4 uses our new custom 12" midrange and Emerald Polyester-Diaphram compression tweeter and an improved crossover over the original EP4.3 that it replaces. It is basically a fully upgraded speaker from the 4.3 with all new drivers, crossover and baffle cosmetics.
The innovation continues in the Bass range with our unique Aperture Bass Propagation Technology. This proprietary system is used for the custom Emerald 15" carbon Fiber dipole woofers. This design increases low frequency power and linearity, while improving on the speed and articulation of the EP4.3. The new Emerald designed 15" carbon Fiber woofer moves 80% more air than the original CS2.3 and CS2.7 woofers so a single 15 gets us almost as much bass as the dual 15's of the older models. The new 4.4 also adds our unique Bass Reservoir technology to our Apature Bass Loading to further improve bass response from previous open baffle designs.
In single amp dress it is 95Db efficient so small amps (20 watts or better) will work quite well. Once bi-amped or tri-amped the efficiency goes up to 98Db for even great dynamics. Pick a large amp for the bass and any amp with over 10 watts for the midrange/highs. Use an Emerald, 200 watts per channel, EP200.2SE for the bass and our 100wpc EP100.2SE for the midrange/highs for a perfectly sonic matched package. In addition, the speakers, as they ship, have our new upgraded Natural Macassar Ebony finish, a nice upgrade over the black satin of the older speaker.
The optional BOM or DSP2.4 digital electronic crossover/EQ's improve the sonics even further by fine tuning the frequency response as well as extending bass response from 35Hz down to 28Hz. It is better to use at least 100 watts if using a DSP as it does take some power to extend the bass down to 28Hz.
- Does not require bi-amplification.
- Can be Single amped, Biamped or Triamped - Can even be Quad amped with a powered subwoofer
- Removes the rooms acoustics so they work in all rooms
- Emerald Physics new 12" custom midrange with Cast basket
- Emerald Physics Long throw 15” woofer with Carbon Fiber Cone and Cast basket
- Emerald Physics new 1" point source Polyester tweeter
- World Class sonic performance in a compact package at this price.
- Incredible imaging and soundstage reproduction.
- Exceptional class leading Bass speed and articulation.
- Works well in small rooms as close as 3 feet from the rear wall and as close as 1 foot to side wall.
- Can be used with small to moderate sized stereo amps or integrated amps
- Optional DSP extends the bass to 26Hz and improves frequency linearity
- Outboard hi pass passive crossover which also allows single amp, biamp or triamp operation
- Optional DSP 2.4 or DSP2.8 crossover/EQ's which have subwoofer crossover for bass extension & adds the ability to play very loud in larger rooms.
EP4.4- $5,995/pr in Natural Macassar Ebony finish
Add a pair of Emerald custom 12" Carbon Fiber midranges and upgraded crossovers for only $1200.00 for almost EP4.8 performance