The new EP3.8 is the baby brother to our top of the line EP2.8 and smaller EP4.8. Essentially, it is the EP4.8 with no 15" woofer that is designed to work with a subwoofer. Efficiency is 2dB lower at 98dB versus the 100dB of its larger brother.
Cutting edge sonic performance establishes a new level of realism & dimensionality at anywhere near its Internet Direct cost of only $6,495.00 a pair.
Here is what one customer said about their 3.7 to 3.8 upgrade: "Walter, just installed the new drivers and crossovers. Been listening for a couple of hours. WOW! WOW! WOW! The new driver hits so much harder yet is so smooth. Blacker, more silence between notes, complete non fatiguing. The most non fatiguing speaker I have ever heard. The best tweeter I have experienced in my home. It's easily twice the speaker it was before. THANK YOU! Best, David Elrod (Elrod Cables)
The upgraded EP3.7 is now called the EP3.8. The new Carbon Series EP3.8 is a state of the art 2-way speaker with 98dB efficiency when biamped or 95dB when single amped.
If set up as single amp, full range network configuration, it is 95dB efficient. It can then be upgraded in the users home to either bi-amp or tri-amp operation with your subwoofer. In addition to an extra 3dB of efficiency in triamp the new EP3.8 offers greater dynamics, improved midrange and bass transparency as well as resolution.
Our controlled dispersion design means that the speakers are not room dependent and work in all rooms.
The new custom designed Emerald Physics Carbon Fiber Series 12" midrange drivers provide increased speed, transparency and resolution. Midrange smear is completely eliminated. Compare the EP3.8 to speakers selling for many times their Internet Direct price.
In addition to the new Carbon Fiber midrange the EP3.8 uses our Emerald Neodymium Polyester-Diaphram compression tweeter and an improved crossover over the original EP3.7 that it replaces. It also now is wired with Wireworld OCC cable.
The 3.8 is designed to work as close as 2 feet from the rear wall and with only a single amp.
In single amp dress it is 95Db efficient so small amps (20 watts or better) will work quite well. Once bi-amped or tri-amped (with youyr sub) the efficiency goes up to 98Db for even great dynamics. Pick a large amp for the mids and any amp with over 10 watts for the highs. Use an Emerald, 200 watts per channel, EP200.2SE for the mids as well as system preamp and our 100wpc EP100.2SE for the highs for a perfectly sonic matched package. In addition, the speakers have our new upgraded Natural Macassar Ebony finish, a nice upgrade over the black Tricoat of the older speaker.
The included DSP2.4 or optional DSP2.8 digital electronic crossovers improve the sonics even further by fine tuning the frequency response as well as extending bass response from 45Hz and down to the subwoofer.
- Does not require bi-amplification.
- Can be Single amped, Biamped or Triamped w/a powered subwoofer. Included biamp DSP2.4 crossover
- Removes the rooms acoustics so they work in all rooms
- Emerald Physics 12" Carbon Fiber midrange with cast basket
- Emerald Physics 1" point source Neodymium Polyester tweeter
- World Class sonic performance in a compact package.
- Incredible imaging and soundstage reproduction.
- Exceptional mid bass, midrange and high frequency speed and articulation.
- Works well in small rooms as close as 2 feet from the rear wall and as close as 1 foot to side wall.
- Can be used with small to moderate sized stereo amps or integrated amps
- included DSP2.4 extends allows active biamplification and improves frequency linearity & lower
- Internally wired with Wireworld OCC cable
- High quality copper binding posts
- Outboard hi pass passive crossover which also allows single amp or biamp operation based on original order
- included DSP 2.4 or outboard DSP2.8 crossover/EQ's which have subwoofer crossover for bass extension & adds the ability to play very loud in larger rooms. The optinal analog BOM allows bass EQ extension as well.
EP3.8- $6,495/pr in Natural Macassar Ebony finish
Walter, just installed the new drivers and crossovers. Been listening for a couple of hours. WOW! WOW! WOW! The new driver hits so much harder yet is so smooth. Blacker, more silence between notes, complete non fatiguing. The most non fatiguing speaker I have ever heard. The best tweeter I have experienced in my home. It's easily twice the speaker it was before. THANK YOU! Please forward to Mark.